May 10th Special Activities
Tulare Hill Ecological Preserve Hike
The Tulare Hill Ecological Preserve (closed to the public except for occasional special events), is 116 acres dedicated to the protection of the Bay checkerspot butterfly, the California Red-legged frog, and other threatened and endangered species. Silicon Valley Land Conservancy Executive Director, Craige Edgerton will lead a gentle hike to the summit of Tulare Hill. Visitors will be rewarded with a spectacular view of the Santa Clara Valley, densely urban to the north and largely rural to the south.
- Time: 9:30 a.m. – noon and noon – 2:30 p.m.
- Cost: Free!
- Accessibility: Dirt road, moderate grade, 1.5 miles RT
- Location: Meet at the Spina Farm Stand, Santa Teresa Blvd. at Bailey Ave., San Jose, CA. Tulare HIll is about 3/4 mile away, with plenty of on-site parking.
Coyote Valley Open Space Preserve Wildflower Walk
The Santa Clara County Open Space Authority recently acquired this beautiful 350-acre open space preserve in the foothills along the west of the valley. Join a CA Native Plant Society Member and Open Space Authority docent for a fun and educational walk to learn about the flora native to this special place.
- Time: noon – 2:30 pm
- Cost: Free!
- Accessibility: Dirt road, gentle grade (with moderate option), 1.5 miles RT
- Directions: Meet at the Preserve located at the western end of Palm Avenue
The Grass Farm Tour
The Grass Farm has been providing top quality sod lawn to contractors and homeowners for over 40 years. Tour the facility with owner/operator Erin Gil to learn about sod lawn production, installation and maintenance, including low-water use subsurface irrigation.
- Time: 10 am – noon
- Cost: Free.
- Accessibility: Wear walking shoes
- Address: 602 Palm Ave, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Bicycling Spring Classic Tour in Morgan Hill
Discover Coyote Valley is pleased to be hosting the first rest stop on the Bicycling Spring Classic. Held on May 10, this event will bring about 600 cyclists to the Morgan Hill and Coyote Valley region, to tour its beautiful roads. For more information or to register, please visit bicyclingspringclassic.com
- Time: Spring Classic Tour begins in the morning with the first rides leaving at 8 a.m. Discover Coyote Valley will be sponsoring the rest stop from 8:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Cost: Registration fee through Bicycling Spring Classic Tour
- Directions: The tour starts at Specialized Bikes, in Morgan Hill. Discover Coyote Valley’s rest stop will be the first along the route, at 2280 Cochrane Rd, Morgan Hill, California 95037 – Right along the Coyote Creek Parkway!
Visit http://www.bicycling.com/springclassic to register or for more information!
May 10th All Day Activities
- Spina Farm Stand. Open from Mid-April to early November. Santa Teresa Blvd. at Bailey Ave., San Jose, CA. Phone: 408-463-012. Spina Farms is a family owned and operated business with roots in Santa Clara County dating back three generations. Please call for more Information: 408-463-0125
- Coyote Valley Orchids. VALLEY ORCHIDS, INC. has one of the largest selections of top-quality orchids, Asian plants, and fruit trees in the Bay Area.
- Coyote Valley Nursery. Coyote Valley Nursery provides premium bedding plants to retailers & landscape professionals around the San Francisco Bay Area. Open to wholesale customers.
- Coyote Creek Parkway. This scenic parkway meanders along Coyote Creek for 15 miles. South of Metcalf Road and through the Coyote Valley, an equestrian trail parallels the paved trail. Public transit is available to Coyote Creek Parkway. Part of the Santa Clara County Park system.
- Coyote Valley RV Resort. Come in your RV and stay for the weekend
- Coyote Valley Sporting Clays
- Coyote Valley Golf Course
- Biking in Santa Clara County. The Coyote Valley is a prime destination and throughway for bicyclists, with picturesque two-lanes roads heading into roadways through rolling hills.